Maple Bacon Popcorn
4 February 2022
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- ¼ cup (60 g) popping corn
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- Break up the bacon into bits. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup for 15 seconds in the microwave. Set aside.
- Place the popping corn in a paper bag, folding down the top twice and leaving plenty of space inside for the expanding kernels.
- Place the bag in the microwave and run the popcorn setting.
- Transfer the popped corn into a large bowl, add the bacon bits, salt lightly and toss well.
- Pour over the maple syrup and stir well using a wooden spoon so as to coat the popcorn evenly.
- Serve immediately or, for a crunchier texture, spread out the popcorn on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200°F (95°C) for 30 minutes.