When you’ve got a hankering for a hotdog but want to take it to the next level, look no further: cheese, spinach and smoked sausage!
Hot dogs with spinach and melted cheese
2 June 2017
- 4 Lafleur Original Smoked Sausages
- 4 hot-dog buns
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) spinach, cooked, drained and chopped
- 160 mL (2/3 cup) of your favourite cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss or Havarti), diced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat BBQ to medium. Combine all ingredients for cheese topping in a bowl.
- Divide topping among hot-dog buns and place on hot BBQ. Let buns heat through and toast slowly to give cheese time to melt.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages. Place sausages in buns with topping and serve.