Honey Garlic Cocktail Wieners
13 October 2021
- 450 g (1 package) hot dog wieners
- 60 ml (1/4 c.) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 c.) light soy sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 c.) honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) fresh ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp. ) corn starch, diluted in cold water
- Parsley, chopped fine (optional)
- Cut each wiener into three pieces.
- In a pot, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the wiener pieces and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove the wieners and transfer to a serving plate. Keep warm.
- Return pot to the heat, bring to a boil and whisk in the diluted corn starch. Let simmer 2 minutes stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over wieners and garnish with chopped parsley.