Classically French and totally delicious, our croque monsieur recipe is a pear and ham marriage with a totally unique taste.
Grilled Sandwich with Ham and Pear
19 January 2017
- 1 ripe pear
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of lemon juice
- 8 slices of Lafleur Sliced Ham
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 4 slices of Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of Dijon mustard
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Peel and core pear. Cut into fine slices and coat with lemon juice so pear does not turn brown.
- Spread bread with mixture of butter and Dijon mustard.
- Place on baking sheet brushed with olive oil.
- Place two slices of ham on each slice of bread. Top with pears spread out in a fan pattern and cover with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and finish under broiler until cheese melts and turns golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite salad.