Sausages, potato and grilled vegetables gratin with fresh herbs
Perfect for a family brunch, this gratin is loaded with flavour and is sure to warm the hearts of everyone at the table. Alt Perfect for a family brunch, this melty marvel is loaded with flavour and is sure to warm the hearts of everyone at the table.
- 600 g of Authentique 100% Pork Sausage from Quebec
- 6 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ cups) 35% cream
- 4 large “Yukon Gold” potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 g grated “St. Guillaume” Swiss cheese
- 100 g grated “St. Guillaume” mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) or the barbecue on high setting.
Cut the zucchini into long slices and the pepper and onion into quarters.
On a baking sheet, combine the vegetables with the olive oil and the rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and coat the vegetables generously.
Bake (in the oven or with barbecue) while stirring occasionally until the vegetables are browned. Cut into strips after cooking.
Blanch the sausages in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and allow to cool. Cut the sausages diagonally into thick slices and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 176°C (350°F).
In a bowl, beat the eggs and the cream, add the nutmeg and season to taste.
Place 4 buttered gratin dishes on a large baking tray.
Spread the potatoes evenly on the bottoms of the gratin dishes, then the sausages and the vegetables.