Quesadillas with Ham and Vegetables
Got a bit of ham in the fridge and want to try a reinvented Mexican classic? These quesadillas are just the ticket!
- 4 large tortillas
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) oil
- 500 g (2 cups) Lafleur P'tit Carpice ham, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) chilli powder
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) fresh coriander, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) cheese (any kind), grated
Mix all topping ingredients except cheese in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to make sure spices are evenly distributed.
Stir in cheese and divide mixture among tortillas. Fold in half. Brush outside of each tortilla with oil.
Brown tortillas in a pan and cook until cheese is melted.
Serve with salad, with salsa and sour cream on the side.