Ham Pie à la Provençale
Its Provençale inspiration comes through in its tomatoey goodness and its authentic, comforting flavour.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x 23 cm (9 in.) pie dough
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 350 g of Lafleur Authentique shaved ham
- 375 ml (1½ cups) grated “St. Guillaume” Emmenthal cheese
- 3 tomatoes, minced
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) rosemary
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried thyme
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) dried oregano
- 8 leaves fresh basil or 10 ml (2 tsp.) dried basil
- Chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F)
In a frying pan, over medium heat, add the oil, brown the onion for 2 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the rosemary, and season. In the meantime, brush the bottom of the pie dough with the mustard.
Place the onion and garlic on the dough; cover with the ham.
Place the basil leaves as well.
Add the cheese.
Place the tomato slices on top superimposed in a staggered pattern.
Sprinkle the oregano, basil, thyme; salt and pepper to taste.
Place on the bottom oven rack and bake for 20 minutes.