Grilled Sandwich with Ham and Pear
Classically French and totally delicious, our croque monsieur recipe is a pear and ham marriage with a totally unique taste.
- 1 ripe pear
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of lemon juice
- 8 slices of Lafleur Sliced Ham
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 4 slices of Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of Dijon mustard
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Peel and core pear. Cut into fine slices and coat with lemon juice so pear does not turn brown.
Spread bread with mixture of butter and Dijon mustard.
Place on baking sheet brushed with olive oil.
Place two slices of ham on each slice of bread. Top with pears spread out in a fan pattern and cover with cheese.
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and finish under broiler until cheese melts and turns golden brown.
Serve with your favourite salad.