Don’t be fooled by how easy they are to make, these cretons tourtières are delicious.
Creton mini tarts with mustard
20 January 2017
- 3 x 200 g packages Lafleur Classic smooth cretons
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 15 to 30 mL (1 to 2 tablespoons) fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) puff pastry or pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water or milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix cretons with mustard, breadcrumbs and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pastry into 4 portions. On a surface dusted with flour, roll out pastry ¼ inch (1/2 cm) thick.
- Place 4 pastry rounds on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and brush with beaten egg mixture.
- Place one-quarter of creton mixture on each pastry. Fold in two like a turnover and press edges firmly.
- With a small knife, cut a hole on top of each tart and brush tops with more glaze.
- Cook in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until pastry is nicely browned.