Vegetable and pork and cheddar sausage casserole
It’s hard to top a recipe like this in the easy department, yet it’s amazingly flavourful and comforting.
- 1 package (375 g) Lafleur Pure Pork Sausage
- 20 baby potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large dice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh thyme stalks or dried thyme, to taste
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
In large frying pan over high heat, heat up oil, add onion and potatoes, cook while stirring for three minutes; add bell pepper and garlic, cook while stirring for two more minutes. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper.
Transfer vegetables to ovenproof dish.
Place sausages on top of vegetables, cover with aluminium paper and cook in oven for 45 minutes. Take out of oven, turn sausages and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until sausages are completely browned.
Use two sausages per serving and serve with vegetables as side dish.
Lafleur, proud partner