“Pizzaiolo” wieners on grilled panini
With pizza-like flavour in every mouthful, this is the perfect panini for having friends over or for a tasty lunch
- 6 Lafleur wieners, thinly sliced
- 4 paninis
- 125 ml (½ cup) white mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml (½ cup) finely diced coloured peppers
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated “St. Guillaume” mozzarella cheese
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) grated “Île-aux-grues” mild cheddar cheese
- 125 ml (½ cup) tomato sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) chopped garlic
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) or the barbecue on medium setting.
In a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add pepper, drain well and set aside.
Cut the paninis in half and brush the insides with tomato sauce.
Divide the mushrooms, peppers and sausage slices equally among the paninis.
Add the cheese and finally the herbs.
Brush the outsides of the paninis with olive oil.
Bake slowly in the oven or barbecue for 4 to 6 minutes.
Grill until the cheese has melted.