Pasta salad with old fashioned smoked ham and Italian dressing
An awesome salad with a healthy serving of protein that’s easily doubled if a crowd happens to show up.
- 750 mL (3 cups) of small pasta of your choice, cooked
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, blanched and cut into 2.5-cm pieces
- A P'tit Caprice old fashioned smoked ham (550g), cut into strips
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of red onion, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of Dijon mustard
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of wine vinegar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of dried oregano
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh basil, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of parsley, chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Whisk mustard and vinegar together in a bowl. Gradually add oil, continuing to whisk.
Add garlic, oregano, basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix pasta, asparagus, onion and dressing together in a large bowl.
Add tomatoes and strips of pork shoulder and top with grated parmesan.