Ham is to the Holidays what turkey is to Thanksgiving: indispensable. To make your guests happy this year, we have a recipe for a P’tit Caprice smoked ham made in the slow cooker that is sure to please. It’s pulled ham with beer and maple that you can make first thing in the morning so it’s ready in time for brunch.
• 1 x 550 g Lafleur P’tit Caprice smoked ham of your choice
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 x 341 ml beer, your choice
• 65 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
• 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
• 7 ml (1 tsp.) black pepper
• 4 ml (½ tsp.) thyme
• 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground cloves
Combine the brown sugar, mustard, pepper, thyme and clove. Pour the beer into the slow cooker and add the onion and ham. Cover ham with the brown sugar mixture. Cook 2 to 3 hours on high. Remove ham and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small pot and boil until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Strain and serve with the ham.
Bonus : If you have any leftover ham, which with this recipe we doubt will happen, use it in a ham and cheese omelet or a Quiche Lorraine for dinner the next day!