CONTEST « Tire-toi une bûche »
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. The Tire-toi une bûche” contest (the “Contest”) is held by Olymel L.P. (the “Contest Organizers”) and runs from February 8th, 2023 at midnight (12:00 a.m.) ET to March 22nd, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all residents of the province of Quebec who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Organizers, the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and its member teams, the NHL Players’ Association and their advertising and promotional agencies, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouses and all individuals with whom these employees, representatives and agents reside, are excluded.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
3. To enter the Contest, visit lafleur.com/en/contest and complete the following steps, in order:
a) Fill out the registration form with your first name, last name, phone number and email address (the “Registration Form”);
b) Submit a Universal Product Code (“UPC Code”) of one of the Lafleur products;
c) Declare that: (i) you have reached the age of majority at the time of your entry in the Contest by checking the appropriate box; (ii) you have read and accepted the official rules by checking the appropriate box;
d) Click on “submit”;
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION WITHOUT PURCHASE
4. To enter the Contest without making a purchase, the participant must write a handwritten letter with the following information: his/her name, full address, city, province, postal code, phone number (with the area code), date of birth and email address and state in at least fifty (50) words why they would like to win a prize in the Contest. Each letter should be handwritten and unique. He/she must send his/her letter by mail indicating «Tire-toi une bûche with Lafleur contest», to the following address: 1580, rue Eiffel – Boucherville (Québec) – Canada, J4B 5Y1. Upon receipt of your letter the contest administrator will send you one (1) UPC code associated with the promotion by mail, for entering the draw on the contest website. Limit of one (1) entry without making a purchase per person. The participant must send his request within a period required to allow the contest Sponsor to send him/her an entry without purchase before the contest closing date.
5. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period. Participants must respect the following limits, failing which they may be disqualified:
a) A total of one (1) entry form per person (email address), per day.
6. Prizes. There are a total of ten (10) prizes available to be won, with an approximate retail value of $400 CAD each, including: two (2) tickets to attend a Montreal Canadiens game at Bell Center on April 6th, 2023 and some others Lafleur surprises on site. Tickets to the Montreal Canadiens game are subject to the terms and conditions of admission of the event and are valid for the date indicated on the ticket. The price includes only what is specifically described and no other allowance will be offered. The winner and accompanying persons must be available during the period mentioned in the prize description. In the event that the winner and/or accompanying persons are not available during the period indicated, the prize will be forfeited without compensation and a new draw may be held at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Organizers. Each winner is personally responsible for the use of his or her prize, as well as for the use of the prize by accompanying persons, if any.
7. Acceptance of Prizes. All prizes must be accepted as described in these official rules and may not be transferred in whole or in part to another person, substituted for another prize or redeemed for cash, except as provided in the following paragraph.
8. Prize substitution. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize (or a portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason, including health restrictions. If the prize or any portion thereof is not used by the winner, no compensation will be provided. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to change the date of the game listed in the description of any of the prizes described above to another game of the 2023-2024 regular season chosen at their sole discretion.
9. Prize limits. In no event will the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes, or award a prize, other than in accordance with these official rules.
10. Drawing. There will be one (1) random draw for the ten (10) prizes from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will take place on March 23rd, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. (ET), at the offices of the Contest Organizers located in Boucherville.
11. Odds of winning. Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
12. In order to be declared a winner, the selected contestant must:
a) Be reached by telephone or e-mail by a representative of the Contest Organizers within three (3) business days of the draw;
b) Complete and sign a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) that will be emailed to him/her by the Contest Organizers requesting confirmation that he/she has complied with all of the terms and conditions set out in these official rules and releasing the Contest Organizers, Club de hockey Canadien, Inc. and any other party mentioned in the Declaration from any liability related to the Contest and the prizes;
c) Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question asked on the Release Form;
d) Return the Release Form to the Contest Organizers in the prescribed manner so that they receive it within three (3) business days of its receipt by the contestant; and
e) If requested by the Contest Organizers when sending the Release Form, provide a piece of identification with a valid photograph.
13. If a selected contestant cannot be contacted within the time limit, fails to comply with any of the conditions set forth in these Contest Rules, declines the prize, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or fails to complete, sign or return the Release Form in the prescribed manner and/or time, or is otherwise found to be ineligible to win the prize, then he/she will be disqualified and will no longer be entitled to the prize. In such event, the Contest Organizers may, in their sole and absolute discretion, cancel the prize or randomly select another eligible entry in accordance with these official rules.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
14. Verification. All Contest entry documents and Release Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, submitted late, contains an invalid e-mail address or telephone number, does not contain the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or is otherwise non-compliant may be rejected by the Contest Organizers and will not entitle the contestant to an entry or a prize, as the case may be.
15. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or void one or more entries from a person if that person enters or attempts to enter this Contest in a manner that is contrary to these official rules or is otherwise unfair to other contestants (e.g., it is strictly prohibited and may be grounds for disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Organizers, is strictly prohibited, and may be grounds for disqualification, if a person submits entries in excess of the permitted limits, or if a person uses multiple email addresses or any automated systems, bots, macros or other similar systems or techniques to enter, increase the odds of winning or otherwise disadvantage other contestants).
16. Sabotage of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempts be made, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel any entries related to such attempts and to seek remedies under applicable laws.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY ENTERING OR ATTEMPTING TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY PERSON RELEASES THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS, CANADIAN HOCKEY CLUB, INC. AND ANY COMPANY, CORPORATION, TRUST OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY CONTROLLED BY OR RELATED TO THEM, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, THEIR EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “BENEFICIARIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HE OR SHE MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING OR ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. IN ADDITION, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY SELECTED CONTESTANT RELEASES AND INDEMNIFIES THE BENEFICIARIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND/OR INJURY THAT HE/SHE MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF ACCEPTING AND/OR USING HIS/HER PRIZE.
18. Websites linked to the Contest. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that the Contest Website or any page or website linked to it will be accessible or functional without
interruption during the Contest Period or that it will be error-free.
19. Limitation of Liability: Operation of the Contest. The Beneficiaries disclaim any and all liability for the following which may limit or prevent any contestant’s participation in the Contest: (i) malfunction of the Contest Website, any computer component, software or communication line; (ii) loss or lack of network communication; or (iii) any failed,
incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmission by any computer or network. The Beneficiaries also disclaim all liability for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly
or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information for the purpose of entering the Contest.
20. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the
event of an event, health restriction or any other human intervention that may affect or influence the administration, security, fairness or conduct of the Contest as contemplated
by these official rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”), to the extent necessary.
21. Termination of Entry. In the event that, for any reason, participation in the Contest is terminated in whole or in part prior to the end date set out in these official rules, contestants may be selected from among the entries that have been duly registered during the Contest Period or, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Organizers, up to the date of the event that terminated participation in the Contest.
22. Permission. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants authorize the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use their name, image, likeness, voice,
place of residence and/or Release Form about prizes for publicity purposes without compensation.
23. Communication with Contestants. No communications or correspondence related to this Contest will be sent to contestants, except as provided in these official rules.
25. Ownership. The Registration Forms, Photos and Release Forms submitted as part of the Contest are the property of the Contest Organizers and will not be returned to contestants under any circumstances.
26. Participant Identification. For the purposes of these official rules, the contestant is the person whose name appears on the Registration Form. In the event of a dispute, the contestant will be deemed to be the person whose email address associated with the entry has been assigned by the appropriate email address assignment authority.
27. Decision of the Contest Organizers. Any decision by the Contest Organizers, or their representatives, regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
28. Dispute. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
29. Severability of Sections. If any section of these official rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid, then that section shall be deemed invalid, but all other unaffected sections shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. Facebook® Platform. By entering the Contest, each contestant warrants and represents that his/her use of the platform complies with all applicable rules and conditions. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Facebook Platform. Each contestant releases Facebook from any and all liability in connection with this Contest. Any questions, concerns or comments regarding this Contest should be directed to the Contest Organizers, not Facebook.
31. Language. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these official rules, the French version shall prevail. The masculine gender is used solely for the purpose of lightening the text.
32. Other. The NHL, its member teams and the NHL Players’ Association are in no way responsible for the administration and management of this Contest, the compilation of Registration Forms, the process of selecting the winners and the awarding of prizes. Accordingly, contestants and any person attempting to participate in the Contest release
the aforementioned entities from any and all liability in connection with this Contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of a prize.