Effective date: [November 27, 2017]
1. What personal information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation broadly defines personal information as information relating to an "identifiable individual" or as information which may be used to identify an individual. Olymel does not collect your personal information when you browse our websites, unless you have voluntarily signed up for a specific service asking you to provide such information. For example:
- In submitting your email address to join the "La Grande Tablée" community, you agree to receive marketing emails from Olymel inviting you to share your opinion on a range of topics, test products, evaluate ads or take part in quick and fun challenges;
- If you wish to receive one of our newsletters (such as the OlymelTM Newsletter, the FlamingoTM Newsletter or the LafleurTM Newsletter), Olymel asks you to provide your first and last names, email address, postal code and other information. This information serves specifically to simplify your entry into contests and, if you choose, to share various information with you via email;
- If you submit a request for information by email, the personal information contained in that request will be shared with Olymel employees or representatives who require such information to respond to your request.
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
Collecting your personal information allows us to better serve you, as well as expand our business and activities. Specifically, we collect, use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
- to establish, maintain and manage relationships with our customers to provide the products and services they seek;
- to keep you informed about products other than those expressly requested by you, specifically by sending you promotional information on Olymel's other products;
- to respond to your questions and requests for information;
- to understand your needs and preferences, and satisfy them by communicating with you to conduct surveys, studies and evaluations;
- to detect errors, negligence, contract violations, fraud, theft, as well as all other illegal activity, and protect Olymel against such acts; and to ensure that Olymel's policies and contractual obligations are respected;
- to monitor quality control and respond to questions and concerns by communicating with clients and consumers;
- to the extent that the requirements, legislative provisions or regulations in place allow, and in compliance with these, including in the context of reports on adverse events; and
- for any other purpose to which you have consented.
3. Who receives your personal information?
Except as stated in this paragraph, Olymel does not disclose personal information collected on its websites to third parties without your authorization to do so, or under specific circumstances, such as when Olymel believes in good faith that it is required by law, or during contests as outlined in the rules. Furthermore, Olymel does not sell its list of website users.
We may share your personal information with the third parties listed below under the following circumstances:
- Communication with service providers: We may share your personal information with businesses offering services in our name to the extent that this information required. We will only share the information required for these businesses to offer their services. Furthermore, these businesses are forbidden from using this information for any other purpose.
- Sharing information in the transfer of businesses: Olymel may be party to the sale or transfer of some or all of its businesses. In the event of such a sale or transfer, Olymel may share your personal information with the acquiring company (particularly in the exercise of due diligence), with the stipulation that the acquiring company agree to preserve the confidential nature of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Compliance and disclosure under the law: Olymel may share your personal information with a government institution lawfully entitled to collect such information; if there are reasonable grounds to believe this information may be relevant to an investigation into illicit activity; in compliance with a summons, warrant or order from the court, an individual or organization with the jurisdiction to compel the disclosure of information; in compliance with court orders to hand over files and disclose information; or with Olymel's legal representatives.
4. Control of personal information
At Olymel, we want you to have full control over how your personal information is used. For example:
- Any individual who gives their consent to receive newsletters may withdraw this consent at any time, at no cost, by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
- At any time, you may direct us not to disclose your personal information for purposes other than to provide you with the service or information you requested (see the "How to contact us?" section below).
- The name of Olymel's communications service will be visible on all communications sent on Olymel's behalf. These communications will include an option to unsubscribe from any future marketing emails.
- You may access your personal information from our files and update them, as outlined below in Section 6.
5. Where is your personal information stored?
Your personal information is stored in secure locations, as well as on Olymel-controlled servers, which are located either at our offices or in the offices of our service providers. To access your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (see the "How to contact us?" section below).
6. How can you access your personal information?
Once a written request has been submitted, and subject to certain exceptions, Olymel will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will grant you access to this information. We store your personal information for as long as you do business with us, and for a reasonable time afterward. If required by law, your information will be stored for a longer period. Access to information requests should be submitted to our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided in the "How to contact us?" section below.
7. How do we protect your personal information?
We undertake efforts in accordance with commercial practices to protect any personal information in our possession against loss, misuse or falsification.
We employ administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect your personal information. For example, access to the personal information of our clients, suppliers and consultants is granted exclusively to authorized employees and suppliers. When personal information is sent to third parties for processing purposes, we ensure, through contractual agreements, that any information provided to them be used exclusively for its intended purpose. As such, these third parties are bound to preserve the confidential nature of the information received. In addition, we employ secure data networks that are firewall and password protected, in accordance with industry standards.
Despite Olymel's best efforts to prevent any third-party access to or acquisition of your personal information through its websites, full confidentiality and security are currently not guaranteed. Any communication via the internet may be intercepted, lost or altered. You acknowledge and agree that Olymel should not be held liable for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential or personal information on the internet and that such communications come with a degree of risk.
8. Online communication and your personal information
Once you access Olymel's website, as is the case with most websites, some information is automatically collected, though none of this data can be used to identify you personally. This includes the country, domain name and IP address from which you accessed Olymel's website, as well as your browser and operating system. Olymel uses this information for statistical purposes to analyze and optimize the flow of traffic to its websites.
Olymel does not use "cookies." "Cookies" are small text files that are gathered through various websites, and then saved to your hard drive.
While our websites may contain links to other websites, they are only provided for information purposes. Visitors are advised that the privacy policies and practices of third-party websites may differ from those set forth by Olymel. Olymel takes no responsibility for these third-party sites.
Olymel reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy, notably by posting the amended version on our website.
10. How to contact us
For any questions regarding this Policy, please contact Olymel Consumer Services at the following address: ServiceClientele2@Olymel.com