Vegetable and pesto fusilli with pork and cheddar sausages
These fusilli will be your very best friend on weeknights because they’re simple to make and everybody loves them!
- 1 package (375 g) Lafleur Pure Pork Sausage
- 340g (1 box) fusilli
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, cut in large dice
- 1 green zucchini, halved and cut slantwise
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 20 ml (1 ½ tbsp.) basil pesto
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 g Parmesan cheese shavings
- 10 basil leaves, scissor cut
Cook sausages according to instructions on packaging, sponge off fat from sausages with paper towel and cut them diagonally. Keep warm.
In a large frying pan, heat up oil over high heat, add onion and cook for two minutes while stirring; add bell pepper and zucchini and cook while stirring for two more minutes. Add tomatoes, pesto, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly and keep warm.
In a large pot, cook pasta in large quantity of salted boiling water until pasta is al dente. Drain pasta and add to vegetables, mixing thoroughly.
Deposit the equivalent of two sausages cut diagonally per serving on the fusilli. Garnish with parmesan shavings and scissor-cut basil.