Maple-glazed sausages and french toast with berry syrup
The brunch-time treat that’ll drive all those sweet & salty lovers crazy!
- 12 Lafleur Authentique Pork & Maple Sausages
- 4 small crusty French rolls
- 2 eggs
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of maple syrup
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of milk
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of sugar
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of water
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of sugar
- 250 mL (1 cup) of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
Dissolve sugar in water in a pan over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and let cool. Add berries and let macerate in the syrup.
Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a bowl and add a pinch of cinnamon.
Cut bread into 3-cm lengths and soak in egg mixture.
Melt butter in a pan and sauté bread on each side for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Keep warm.