Beer-glazed sausages with rösti potatoes
We challenge you to find a homemade meal that goes better with your favourite beer than this one!
- 12 Lafleur Pure Pork sausages
- 1 341-mL bottle of red beer
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) of Yukon Gold potatoes, grated
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of flour
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Mix beer and maple syrup in a pan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat, reduce quantity of liquid by half and set aside, keeping warm.
Slice sausages on the diagonal, 3 or 4 pieces per sausage, and cook in pan until nicely browned.
Add beer-syrup mixture and baste sausages.
Grate Yukon Gold potatoes.