French toast sandwich with ham and apples
We can clearly see it on the menu for your next family gathering, but it’s so tempting you’ll want to make it for supper.
- 500 g of Lafleur Authentique white ham
- 90 mL (6 tablespoons) of butter
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of honey
- 4 Cortland or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and seeded and cut into 6 pieces each
- 8 slices country-style bread
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 90 mL (6 tablespoons) of milk
In a non-stick pan, melt half the butter until foamy. Add honey and cinnamon to taste, stirring.
Add apples and caramelize slowly until just barely crunchy. Let cool.