Ham stew with cranberries and maple syrup
When it comes to stew, intoxicating aromas and comforting flavours go with the territory. This stew is no exception, and it even hits some delectable maple notes.
- 675 g of Lafleur Toupie Ham, cubed
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of oil
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of butter
- Flour for coating meat
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 7 mL (1/2 tablespoon) of pepper
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) of beef stock
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of maple syrup
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, as a garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Heat oil and melt butter in an ovenproof pan.
Meanwhile, coat cubes of ham with flour and shake off excess.