Quiche with turkey sausage and cheese
- 1 package (300 g) Lafleur turkey sausages
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 package store-bought flaky pastry (or 1 pie bottom)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15% cooking cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheddar
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Emmenthal or Swiss
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Roll out the pastry dough using a little flour and line a deep quiche dish with it. Prick dough with a fork and bake at 375°F (190°C) on lower rack for 5 minutes.
In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the sausages, cool and slice.
In a bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the sausage slices, cheese and green onion.
Pour the mixture into the pre-cooked quiche shell and bake on lower rack for 25 minutes.
Lafleur, proud partner