Penne with tomatoes, basil and turkey sausage
- 1 package (300 g) Lafleur turkey sausages
- 1 cup (250 ml) marinara sauce
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked penne (300 g, 3½ cups (875 ml) before cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) basil leaves, cut in strips
In a large frying pan over medium high heat add 1 tbsp. olive oil and cook sausages turning frequently. Remove from pan and cut diagonally into pieces. Keep warm.
Add remaining olive oil to the pan and cook the chopped onions stirring for one minute. Add peppers and garlic, cook two minutes and season.
Add the marinara sauce, reduce heat and simmer two minutes.
Add the penne, mix well and divide into serving bowls. Top with sausage pieces and garnish with basil strips.
Lafleur, proud partner