Garden omelette with sausages
The classic omelette revisited, sure to satisfy your hunger as part of an extra tasty brunch.
- 6 Lafleur Pork & Beef Sausages
- 8 eggs
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of 35% or thick 15% cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of butter
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of olive oil
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced, or 1 small onion
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) of Swiss cheese, grated
Beat eggs with cream in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
In a large non-stick pan, melt half the butter and sauté vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sausages, cook for 1 minute and set aside, keeping warm.
Melt the rest of the butter with olive oil in the pan, pour in egg mixture and cook over low heat without stirring.
When omelette is nearly set, place vegetable mixture and sausages in the middle of the pan, then sprinkle with grated cheese.
Fold omelette in half and continue cooking for 1 to 4 minutes, depending how you like your omelette (1 minute for runny to 4 minutes for well cooked). Divide into four portions.
Serve omelette immediately, with fried potatoes.
Lafleur, proud partner