Macaroni and cheese au gratin with pork and cheddar sausages
Not only has this dish changed the lives of many college student, it’s also the pinnacle of comfort food suppers.
- 1 package (375 g) Lafleur Pure Pork Sausages
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese au Gratin
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk, cold
- 500 ml (2 cups) macaroni
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper, ground
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- 100 g mix of grated Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese, to which 50 g grated Parmesan cheese will be added for the au gratin
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour, stirring for one minute. Add cold milk, mixing thoroughly with whip until mix thickens; gradually whip in grated Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese, incorporate thoroughly and keep warm.
In a large pot, cook pasta in large quantity of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and add to sauce.
Add Cayenne pepper and salt. Place in au gratin dish. Prepare Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan mix and sprinkle over macaroni dish.
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Cook macaroni in oven until top is browned.
While macaroni is in the oven, cook sausages according to instructions on packaging. Sponge off fat from sausages with paper towel.
Use two sausages per serving and serve with macaroni au gratin.