Ham, spinach and cheese quiche
A classic that needs no introduction and tastes like sugaring off with every bite!
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) pre-baked pie crust
- 1/2 lb (225 g) Lafleur Smoked Ham
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) 10% cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 125 g (½ cup) grated mozzarella
- 125 g (½ cup) grated emmental
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained, or fresh spinach, blanched and well drained
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a pan, cook onion until transparent, add maple syrup, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cool and set aside.
Fill crust with ham, onion mixture, and spinach.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add spices and fresh ground pepper.
Pour mixture into pie crust and top with cheeses.
Bake about twenty minutes.