Giant Sauerkraut hot dog with bacon lardons and old-fashioned mustard
Now that’s what you call a deluxe hotdog! This recipe is perfect for impressing guests or to go with a frosty pint of beer.
- 4 Lafleur Jumbo All-Beef wieners
- 4 small (6-in.) French crusty buns or baguettes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) old-fashioned Dijon mustard
- 7.5 ml (1½ tsp.) honey
- 160 g (2/3 cup) store-bought sauerkraut
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) olive oil
- 100 g Lafleur uncooked bacon, minced
- 50 ml Riesling white wine
- Fresh thyme, to taste
- Ground cloves, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
Add the bacon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the sauerkraut, wine, thyme, cloves and ground pepper.
Cook on low heat while stirring from time to time until the liquid has evaporated.
Set aside, keeping hot.