Syrup & bacon beans
Beans are to the sugar shack what popcorn is to a movie theatre!
- 250 g (½ package) Lafleur maple bacon, chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) dry white beans
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soak the beans overnight at room temperature in a large bowl covered with lots of water, adding more water if the beans soak it all up.
Preheat oven to 300°F and place rack in middle position.
In a large pot, brown the chopped bacon for three minutes.
Add the onions and the garlic and continue cooking another two minutes.