Choucroute garnie with turkey sausage
- 1 package (300 g) Lafleur turkey sausages
- 450 g store-bought sauerkraut
- 75 g bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots cut into chunks
- 16 small, new potatoes
- ¾ cup (187.5 ml) white wine or beer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) juniper berries (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Flat parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Drain sauerkraut and set aside.
Heat a large, oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and onion and cook 4 minutes.
Add sausages and cook until browned.
Add garlic, sauerkraut, white wine, carrots, potatoes and spices. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil. Cover and place in oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are done.
Arrange on 4 plates and garnish with chopped parsley.