Forget clam chowder, make way for ham chowder!
- 450 g (1 lb) of Lafleur P’tit Caprice Smoked Ham, cut in small cubes
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) of raw potatoes, peeled and diced
- 875 mL (3 1/2cups) of chicken stock
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of white wine
- 250 mL (1 cup) canned diced tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of pesto
- Dried thyme and oregano to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or Italian parsley, chopped
Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion, celery and garlic. Add ham and potatoes.