Mushroom stuffed with peppers and cretons
The kind of versatile recipe we like, perfect for any gathering.
- 300 g Lafleur Grandma's cretons
- 24 large hollowed-out mushroom caps
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ red pepper, “brunoise cut” (tiny dice)
- ½ green pepper, brunoise cut
- 250 ml (1 cup) Panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 50 ml (2 tbsp.) grated parmesan cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) melted butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and plunge the mushroom caps into the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain on absorbent paper.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown the garlic and peppers, and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cretons and the vegetables.
Fill the mushrooms with this stuffing.
Combine the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, chopped rosemary and melted butter. Sprinkle on the mushrooms.
Place on a baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes.