Carrot soup is always warm and comforting. Add a bit of bacon and take comfort food to a whole new level.
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 10 medium size carrots (1 l), cut in round slices
- 1 medium size white onion (125 ml), minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 750 ml water, or chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 slices Lafleur fully cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In saucepan, heat up oil and sweat garlic and onion over medium heat.
Add carrots and cover with water or broth.
Simmer until carrots are tender.
Purée with hand-held immersion blender.
Correct consistency and seasoning when needed.
Reheat Lafleur fully cooked bacon in microwave oven for approximately five seconds per slice.
Cut each Lafleur fully cooked bacon slice in three.
Pour soup in bowls and top with Lafleur fully cooked bacon slices before serving.