Marinated ham brochettes
With this super-easy recipe loaded with flavour and the glorious taste of maple, you’ll want to leave the BBQ out year-round.
- 25 large (2.5 cm - 1 in.) cubes of Lafleur smoked ham
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) “Citadelle” maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) rosemary
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) thyme
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Maple-and-balsamic sweet-and-sour sauce
- 373 ml (1½ cups) barbecue sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
Mix the marinade ingredients.
Combine the ham cubes and the marinade, and let stand for 1 hour.
Remove the ham cubes from the marinade and drain, being careful to keep the marinade.
Make 6 brochettes by alternating ham cubes, pepper quarters and onions on each skewer.
Grill the brochettes on the barbecue or in the oven at 200°C (400°F) and baste with the marinade while cooking