Stuffed crêpes with ham and asparagus
Morning, noon or night, this crêpe recipe is delicious anytime.
- 2 x 175 g of Lafleur Authentique shaved ham
- 8 crepes
- 600 ml béchamel sauce
- 300 g grated “St. Guillaume” Emmenthal cheese
- 12 precooked or frozen (to be thawed) asparagus
- 60 ml (¼ cup) butter
- 60 ml (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) cold milk
- Grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 ml (1¼ cups) milk
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml (¾ cup) all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) melted butter
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients with a whisk until the batter is uniformly smooth.In a non-stick 18-cm (7-in.) pan, lightly brushed with melted butter, make 8 crepes (one at a time) to a golden brown on each side.
Cover the crepes with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour, and cook for one minute.
Blend in the cold milk thoroughly using a whisk. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil while stirring with a whisk and cook for two minutes.
Stuffing the crepes
Distribute the ham, half the cheese and the asparagus evenly on the crepes, and roll.